Monday, January 16, 2012

#22 Purple

One of my new years resolutions is to post more outfit pictures... so here we are, 16 days into January, and I'm starting to blog again. The two things that really keep me from blogging are #1: finding outfits that are appropriate to post (because I am a teacher, my work outfits are often quite basic) and #2: finding a good location with lots of light and a photographer to take photos! My apartment has terrible light for photography (but it's still a great place!) and I work from 7am-5pm, which means lately I rarely get to see daylight, let alone take photos! :) I'm working on it though, and I missed this blog so much while I was on hiatus! Back to the fashion...

In terms of colors, my wardrobe tends to be on the more masculine side. Lots of black, grays, greens, and blues. I don't have a lot of pink or purple clothing, but lately I've really started to love purple. I especially think lavender/gray-purple shades are very flattering on my skin tone and go perfectly with my red hair and green eyes.


















JACKET Black boyfriend blazer w/ striped lining, F21 | TOP Ruffled Lavender Tunic, Ann Taylor Loft | JEANS Black Skinny Jeans, Old Navy | SHOES Black Buckle Boots, ALDO | NECKLACE Rhinestone leaf, F21 | RING Black Stone Ring H&M | BRACELET Crystal & Bed Wrap Bracelet, Juicy Couture

I love the surprising combinations of lavender, red (hair), and green (glasses) in this post! The Juicy Couture bracelet (which my wonderful boyfriend got for my birthday in December) also adds a pop of great color and is a huge conversation piece-- I always get questions and compliments whenever I wear it.

While I'm thinking about accessories, have any of you heard of Warby Parker? They have some really unique and vintage-looking eyewear for only $95, including prescriptions online. I recently found out they have a display in Milk Bar in Columbus so I'm going to check that out this week and possibly get a new pair or two to add to my repertoire. I could use some different frames to switch it up-- I love my greens but I could definitely use a change of pace. What's that? You want to know my favorites from the Warby Parker collection? Done and done.


Roosevelt, Bondi Blue

Huxley, Tennessee Whisky


Crosby, Burgundy Fade


Beckett, Striped Evergreen

I'll keep you posted on how my Warby Parker excursion goes... I'll certainly need your suggestions on which glasses to get! :) Thanks for reading, and hello to my new followers! Even after months of hiatus, I'm up to 70 followers. WOW. Thank you so much for all of your support! Happy blogging, and happy belated new years everyone!

5 comments:

  1. i love the tiered tank! i'm a fellow glasses-wearer, but i only have one pair of frames. i would love to switch them up, though, and treat them more like accessories than necessities! i love the warby parker glasses!
    -sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eee! I love your mermaid hair and your outfit. So stylish. I'm looking forward to your outfits this year!

    bonjourgazel.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo pretty
    http://vmjeheart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that colour looks so amazing on you! I've been in a 'buy new glasses' phase. The ones you posted are super pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that top! Great blog you have here!

    http://www.RebequitasFashionBlog.BlogSpot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete