Tuesday, September 18, 2012

#45 INSPIRED BY: Gangnam Style


I don't know about you, but I am absolutely obsessed with PSY, the South Korean rapper and creator of the amazing song and video, "Gangnam Style." A friend of mine showed it to me at work on Friday and I can't get the song, video, and dance out of my head. The word "Gangnam" refers to an area of South Korea's capital, Seoul-- the wealthiest area of all of South Korea.

As I watched the video, besides the hilarious antics and overly dramatic vignettes, I was really blown away by the fashion and inspired by the attention to details in the scenes.


  






Lots of tuxedo jackets with piping, billiard ball peplum shirts, sequin and leather shorts, lots of accessories and necklaces, neon yellow from head to toe, wedge sneakers, sheer flowy fabrics, and equestrian themes throughout. PSY wears several different pairs of amazing sunglasses in the video (my favorite being the tortoise shell ones) and he has two or three button up shirts that have undone bow-ties, but they appear to be sewed or printed on the shirt! I also love the scene when he's on the tour bus, and he's wearing a military style white shirt with gold buttons and these really high fashion looking khaki kilt/skirt/shorts. So much detail clearly went into every aspect of the video, especially the fashion, so it's no wonder why I'm obsessed. 



Gangnam Style

Above, I created a Polyvore spread inspired by the video. My favorite items are the sequin short shorts from Top Shop, the Moschino tuxedo jacket via Net-a-porter, the neon yellow sneakers by Betsey Johnson, the resin necklace from Etsy, the Karen Walker sunglasses, the Miu Miu ruffled peplum top (genius!) and the equestrian print collared dress by Therapy. And I couldn't forget one of my favorite lip colors, Schiap by NARS (available at Sephora). If you click through, Polyvore will show you where to buy all of these lovely albums. So what do you think? Are you feeling "Gangnam Style" and PSY's crazy fashion?

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I want EVERYTHING in that polyvore pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I love your blog. I am your newest follower and was kinda hopin' that you'd pop on by and follow me back!

    xoxo-
    Sarah
    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete